Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer of ScrapLovin' Final Week & Blog Awards!!


Whew! Didn't think I would make it, but this is the final week of challenges over at ScrapLove.com. This weeks final challenge was to alter something and the primary focus had to be on yourself. As soon as I saw that, I thought, I don't think I'm gonna be able to do this!! I don't like to scrap about myself. But once I started, it was actually kinda fun. The whole point of these challenges was to get you to do some things you wouldn't normally do and let me tell you, they certainly did a good job of it. It was really fun and challenging and I would definitely do it again! Now onto the project itself!

I started off not knowing exactly what I wanted to alter. At first, I thought of doing a mini album but when it comes to altering something, that doesn't really come to mind. So I decided I would alter a cheap frame I got in CVS (of all places) for $12! I painted it an off white color (originally black), then covered the front with some new yummy Pink Paislee paper and then sanded and inked the inner edges of the frame for a
distressed look. Then I added lots of crystals, pearls, butterflies
(Inque Boutique stamp),an antique key, Prima flowers, Melissa Frances resin Scrolls (love them!), chipboard heart (IB) covered with DCWV paper, buttons, brads, crocheted lace and hemp cord.
The journaling reads:
Who I Am
I Am..A Wife to my Best Friend.
I Am...A Mom to the love of my life.
I Am...A Daughter to the best Mom.
I Am... A Sister to my best girlfriend.
I Am...A Friend to the people I love.
I Am...Me. Loyal, honest, true. Happy just to be Me.

I am still not sure if I will display this or rip it apart and re-alter it! I'm still uncomfortable with having a project done all about myself, even though I like the way it came out! Well, we'll see! Now onto some awards!!

I received this Blog Award last week from my friend Lindsay.
She is awesome!! She is so inspiring with all her ideas and tutorials! Thanks Lindsay! I would like to send it back to her but not sure if that's allowed, LOL, so I will send her another award!

Here are the rules for the Award:

1. Only 5 people allowed.
2. 4 have to be dedicated followers of your blog (well, I'm gonna let this one pass
a little, since my blog is new!)
3. One has to be someone new or recently new to your blog and live in another part
of the world.
4. You must link back to whoever gave you the award. Quite simply really it is a way
of saying Thank You to those who take time out for wonderful comments to boost
your day.

Ok, So I am nominating the following bloggers/friends:

Danielle Flanders ~My first true inspiration in this Scrappin' World!
Cheri Wenger~Beautiful work and very inspiring!
Danni Reid~Her work is amazing!
Jessie Rone~Her stamping is unbelievable!
Denitza~Awesome work and she is very sweet!

This special Award goes to the following:
Lindsay ~ You're the Best!
Mitzi ~ You Rock!
Jennifer ~ Your blog has so many interesting and fun things!
Pat~Even though your blog is new, I know I'm gonna love it!!

Have an awesome day!!

Hugs, Melissa

4 comments:

Cheri W said...

Oh my, what an honor, Melissa! Please don't dare re-alter this project. It is so wonderful. If you are tempted to, please wrap and put away for Antonio for a gift when he leaves for college. That will give you plenty of time for you to enjoy it between now and then. I love the type you added...beautiful, like the frame!

Unknown said...

OH! Thank you sooooo much!!!! I will be posting it soon!

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet! I agree with Cheri, the project is perfect the way it is!
-Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Love the frame! very soft colors and very nice! Thank you! You are so very sweet!