Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rubber Cafe Challenge


The Rubber Cafe Design Team was challenged to make a card using the colors Teal Green, Blues and White. We also had to use a Designer Paper as well as a recyclable item and Pop Dots. So, since I didn't receive my new stamps in the mail yet, I decided to still do the challenge using last months stamps.

I first inked my Cardboard tree with some teal green ink then after it dried I ran my glue pad over it and sprinkled on some ultra fine glitter. Then I added some mini string pearls as my garland, my ornaments(Swirled Ball E-532 and Swirled Ornament I-929), also drenched in glitter and then some rick rack along the sides and bottom of the tree.

I cut my star out of cardboard, inked it, added glitter and then my stamped Merry Christmas (D-464). The paper is by Bo Bunny. And to finish it off, I added some Felt Fusion Snowflakes along the sides of the tree. The pic doesn't do it justice, it look so much prettier and sparklier in person.

When my new stamps come, I will make another one for this challenge.

Hope you have a great day!

Hugs, Melissa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is SO COOL! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

What a Great Idea's You always have a wide range of Idea's and usually They are great ! Once again you have done it ! It is great !!
Thanks for posting again

Teresa Brooks said...

Beautiful Card...your creativity amazes me.

Unknown said...

awesome christmas tree

Anonymous said...

The Christmas tree is awesome! Love the ornaments too! Great card!

Kristine said...

Great tree...CUTE CARD!! :)

KAT said...

Great idea to make a tree from the inside of corigated card board... Fabulous!!!