Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tranparency Tent Card Tutorial and a Blog Candy Alert!


I actually made this card last year, but recently had a few people ask how I made it! So this is for them! And whoever else wants to know! ;)

To start, you need to make a Stair Step Fold. Here are the directions for that:
1. Cut cardstock to the size of 10.5" x 5".

2. Score your cardstock at the following measurements 1.25" - 2.5" - 4.25" - 6" and at 8.25". Fold with hills and valleys (accordion style) making sure that the smallest(1.25" fold) is folded down, as this will be the front of the card.

Now you will have the base for the card!

You would then decorate your card as you wish. I used Inque Boutique stamps for mine. After you are finished embellishing your card, you would then cut a piece of transparency the same width as the card base. As far as the height of the paper, you would determine how high you want the tent to be. But remember, not to make it too tall as it will make the card off balance. I believe the size I made mine was 5" x 10.5". Fold in half. If you want to decorate the transparency, do it now before adhering. I used little snowflake stamps on mine. Now, adhere to the front of the card base's first fold and to the back of the last fold. I used a hot glue gun to make sure it really holds, just make sure to spread the glue evenly so you don't have any bumps. Then cover the front panel with PP to hide the glued transparency. I also added a strip of PP at the top fold of the transparency.

And there you have it! A Transparent Tent Card! If you decide to make one, please link it back here! I would love to see it!

Now, go and visit Elaine's Blog, "My Creative Corner"! She is so sweet! She is giving away some awesome blog candy to celebrate her 40th Birthday! So wish her a Happy Birthday and you may win some great markers!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs, Melissa

14 comments:

KAT said...

What a great twist to the stair step card... Love it! I've been wanting to try the stair step for a while but I love your version!

I am visiting because I wanted to see who left me such a great comment on my blog....

Off to check out the rest of your creations!!!!

Elaine ♥ said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous creations you have here, I have enjoyed looking at all of them :)

Thanks for linking my candy :) Good Luck!!!!

Elaine x

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Melissa:
This one is just Gorgeous ! It is just so very nice and original.
love how you make it so very wintery looking with the snowman and the cute little christmas trees.

Fast question??

Do you mail these card's to your friends and loved one's? again this is just another of your perfection and true and blessed talents.
Hugs

Erum Tasneem said...

WOW! That is very creative!!!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card! I love the transperency part of the card!

MaryNSC said...

I love this I M going to mAKE IT TOO!!! THANKS!! I went to Elaines too I put u down for finding her..:O)
I got to go dig through my Inque stamps To find out which ones U used.LOLOLOL
HUGS

Mel Place said...

WOW melissa you have some BEAUTIFUL work and thank for the tips on card making

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for the tutorial! Have a great day!

Cheri W said...

Melissa,

I have always loved this imaginative cardscape...what a cool idea. Thanks for sharing the steps on how to create one of these. I am so honored that you used my stamp designs on this. You Rock!

Cheri

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Love it!

Anonymous said...

very pretty, what kind of trancparency do you use? Is is extra thick to stand up like that? Mine seems so flimsy.
Lindsay

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Melissa thought you might like to take a look at this .

You came to mind as soon as I got my mail today My Country Home magazine came, on the front cover and inside are many Great Ideas.
The tree on the front has almost all home made Ornaments, I know you can do these wonderful things ! There are other Ideas too to decorate a fireplace mantle.( I would like to do our's) If you have time with so very much going on in your life . I also like this magazine because it has some nice cookie recipes and I love to bake and cook in general .Well it is a thought with the ornaments. I will be watching for your New Posts . Have a nice weekend.
God Bless.

jen t. said...

great card!!

Teresa Brooks said...

I absolutely love this card. I'll have try doing one myself.