Wednesday, August 22, 2012

♥ Simon Says.... Back to School ♥

My goodness!! This summer went fast! My Antonio starts 1st Grade in exactly 2 weeks from today! I'm happy for him but sad for me! I like when he's here with mommy! But regardless it's Back to School for him and also on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog! We want to see those cards for students and/or teachers! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!


This week the Simon Says DT is featuring products by Sizzix! I chose to use this fun Notebook Embossing Folder from the Sizzix/Tim Holtz Collage and Notebook Embossing Folders Set. I simply ran it through my Cuttlebug with some Kraft cardstock and then ran a Sanding Block over the raised embossed edges to make it stand out a little more. I then inked the edges with some white ink.


I also used the new Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Clear Stamp Set called 'Shoot for the Stars'. Love this fun set! So many possibilities!!


I finished up the card with some twine, Liquid Pearls, mini Maya Road Ruler and a real pencil.


And, don't forget, Heidi will generously give the random winner of this challenge a $50 Credit Voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore! Good luck everyone!





And lastly, don't forget about the Special Anything Goes Children's Back to School Challenge! It runs the entire month of August and is exclusively for children the ages of 2 through 16! There will be 2 winners, each to receive a special Junior Stamper Kit! Good luck everyone!!





19 comments:

Lin said...

LOVE this embossing folder, Melissa - hadn't noticed it before, but it's on my radar now! It makes a great base for your fun card!

Jingle said...

How totally fun is this card?! I love it!

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Melissa :-) I love the embossing folder and the stamps you used, everything is just FAB ! LOVE IT :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Sonia said...

Wonderful card dear creative friend:)
Love the funny details and the pencil is very beautiful idea..more inspiration for me:)
Big hug,
Sonia

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Adorable card, Melissa! LOVE the embossing, and the SSS stamp set has never looked prettier :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Adorable card, Melissa! LOVE the embossing, and the SSS stamp set has never looked prettier :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Jennifer said...

This is just fantastic! I love the added ruler and pencil! Really great embossing folder to!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Fabulous card! I love all the school-related elements and the neon colors against the kraft!

Lisa Carroll said...

This is just so adorable, Melissa! That embossing folder is PERFECT! Love the distressing you did to it... and that pencil - too cute! Such a great card. :)

debby4000 said...

Oh love your gorgeous card Melissa, fab details.
luv
Debby

Judy1223 said...

COOL card, Melissa! My favorite from this week...love the embossing folder and the cool colors!

Heather said...

A fantastic card Melissa, I love that embossing folders - gorgeous details, love the little ruler!!1
hugs
Heather xx

Pam said...

Love this card! I have to have that embossing folder.

Jennifer said...

Oh, Antonio is going to love that cute card!!! :) I need to get my hands on that awesome embossing folder. It looks just like notebook paper!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Stephanie said...

I mentioned something to my daughter about bringing her teacher a little treat for the first day of school and she told me, um that would make me a teachers pet. I can't do that, I don't want the kids to make fun of me.

Joy said...

Love this card Melissa, love that you used some of the elements from the September card Kit..hugs

Unknown said...

Wow this card is fabulous Melissa , I love the embossing at the back wow its super, and your details in the card are so perfect well done Hugs Elaine

cheiron said...

Wonderful card. Love the distressed kraft and the bright colors together!

lucretia said...

Lovely card and what a nice idea.