Thursday, July 23, 2015

♥ Shabby Photos and Button Cards served in a French Fry Box ♥

                                                iralamija shop DT Member
Hello there lovelies! I'm stopping in here today with a fun tutorial with some gorgeous collages from the iralamija shop! It's been awhile since I did one of these! :) I made this super cute Shabby Chic Photo Collage on Button Cards that is displayed in this super sweet French Fry Box!


Let's Get Started! First I printed out the "Antique"  French Fry Box from the French Fry Boxes No. 2 Collage Sheet, using white cardstock. (You get 5 different, beautiful boxes in this collage!) After it prints out, put back into the printer, so it prints out again on the other side, according to how your printer works. Now once it prints, your box will be double-sided. Now cut the box out.


Next, score the lines printed on the box.


Fold the flaps inward on the score lines and form your box.


Adhere the edges together using hot glue or any type paper glue. Set aside for now to dry.


Next, print out the Vintage Buttons Collage and photos. Using a software editing program, I printed my photos out in Sepia and I added a White Vignette around it to give them a vintage/shabby chic look. I also re-sized them to print out small enough to fit onto the button cards.


Cut out button cards and photos. Using a paper distressing tool and simple light brown ink, distress the edges of the button cards and photos.


Adhere photos to button cards. Then add some sweet images from the Fancy Vintage Collage Sheet to dress up your photos even more.


Using several 3" pieces of ruler ribbon (Michaels), adhere button cards together.


Adhere 1 piece to back of first card, with ruler side facing front of card. Then adhere the other end to the back of second card. Continue, until all cards are adhered to one another. Then adhere a piece of patterned onto the backs of every card, to give it a cleaner look. (Sorry, forgot to take a photo of that!)


When finished, you will have a super cute way of showing off your photos, in a waterfall type display.


Add your photos to the french fry box for a sweet display!


Decorate the outside of the french fry box with more images from the Fancy Vintage Collage Sheet, flowers, buttons, etc! I added one of the cute sewing machines from the collage, onto the back of the box and wrote a little sentiment and the year of my photos on it. This would make a special gift for someone including a mom, grandmother, friend. Great idea for those baby pictures! :) This will be a gift for my mom when she comes back from visiting my sister. ;)

  
Hope you enjoyed my project! If you make one, I would love to see it!!


Hope you stop by the lovely iralamija shop on Etsy!


Have a super sweet day filled with lots of love and hugs!


5 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Theresa said...

Beautiful project! I am gonna give it a try:) Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Jennifer said...

This is just stunning! I love everything about this!

Karen Letchworth said...

I was so pleased when I heard that you made Bety's Design Team because I just knew you'd do a wonderful job with her super sweet images. This is absolutely adorable. I also love the new one you posted today. SEW sweet.

Karen

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

I just love this idea!!! so beautiful!!